Friday, August 14, 2009

Keeping Fit

Pictures from a gym in Bhutan


Checking biceps



Chest exercise




The time between 5 and 8 in the evening is considered to be the "most precious time" of the day according to some people. A hectic day in office is just over and one is out in the open breathing the fresh evening air. Its a time when most of my friends with a racket slung over their shoulders are busy rushing to a lawn tennis court or busy giving their best golf-shot.

I did the same till few years back. I either played soccer or indoor basketball. It was fun to play soccer early morning every Sunday with different teams. It was a good way to start a Sunday.

Now I go to gym thrice a week. Its a small gym with basic work-out equipments. We don't have a trainer and depend on what we read from books and information we get on the internet. In a way its fun to spend two hours here helping each other and talking about muscle and protein and fibers. We never realise until we start working out that we can actually become stronger every day. Our physical strength lies in our ability to strengthen it further.

I started initially with small weights, today i lift over 75kgs with my hands. I plan to lift more in future. My aim is not to compete in a body building competition but to stay fit and strong.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I totally agree about 5-8 being precious time. I usually feel so sleepy after a day at my desk at the office, but I always feel better if I go to the gym or jog or take yoga class or something.

Are there many gyms in your city? Are there any gyms for women?

By the way, thanks for the advice you left on my blog for my upcoming travel to your country.