Saturday, August 1, 2009

Little Angels


We are the champs!!!


Friend in need.....

When the rain comes down...

..more than i can swallow

My hard earned meal.

I hate weekends and hate it even more when I have nothing planned. I twist and turn in my bed trying to catch some extra sleep i miss on weekdays. Every dot on the ceiling or uneven paint comes to live and invites me to the "wonderland". I lie there till i feel i can sleep no more.

This weekend was different as i was mountain biking to one of the remote villages some 50km to the south of Thimphu (capital city). I don't usually go biking as i work out thrice a week. But this time with few friends we plan to go to this place.

The trail leading to the village is just wide enough for a pick-up truck. To ride this dirt track is a daunting task. The ascent is steep and one side is a sheer cliff of several meters drop to a ravine below.

Puffing and panting we made it to the village by lunch time.

We visited a village elementary school and took some pictures. This village is a paradise at this time of the year.

1 comment:

Toren Gunn said...

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog! Yours it pretty interesting. I love all the photos!